How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Green Bay smart home
At the center of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a single united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface places you in full charge of your Green Bay home’s security and automation. See how it can benefit you and check out recommendations to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Green Bay benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements through radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You can arm or disarm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If incorporating a video doorbell, you can even speak to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular functionality and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also offers convenient remote access and control with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the tasks you can perform:
- Check real-time or recorded video streams from any linked surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Green Bay by implementing schedules or creating rules. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can add preferences like having your entrances unlock if the smoke alarm triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just follow these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will remain in your house and arms all devices except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The main screen will post a notification if the system isn’t ready to arm. For instance, an open door will urge you to take action. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the security system by following the above steps. You will then need to verify you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Green Bay
Although many users can be entered when your system is installed, you will probably want to add an additional user at some point. Here are instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote capability, select phone or email and provide the information to deliver an invite.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, simply go to the menu, tap users, select the user you would like to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Green Bay home security system. Contact (920) 663-3617 to learn more.