Online shopping and daily shipments have become commonplace for numerous homeowners. You love the convenience of having items delivered at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those parcels sitting in plain sight are temptations to potential crooks. Porch piracy has become a significant issue, but you have the chance to do something about it by installing a doorbell camera with your home security system. These components are fantastic tools to deter opportunistic thieves, but they provide significantly more.
Take a minute to see how they work and why they’re sure to be an essential aspect of your smart home.
Advantages of a Green Bay video doorbell
Manufactured in wireless and wired options, video doorbells give you a great number of advanced features, and the technology keeps advancing. You are now able to implement detection zones, communicate with individuals on your porch, and obtain instant notifications whenever something is dropped off.
The easiest way to understand how a Green Bay video doorbell camera works is to explore the many benefits it offers. Think about these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You can’t find this on all models, but there are several smart video doorbells that take an active role in deterring burglary with visual and audible warnings. This is an effective way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that should include the faces of visitors on your porch and boxes on the surface below. Options with superior 180-degree field of vision give you a total perspective.
- High-resolution footage no matter the hour: What’s the use of getting a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and difficult to see? The best models will provide incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package arrives? You are able to enjoy immediate updates from video doorbells that can tell the difference between people and packages.
- Converse with whoever’s at your door: Is a person waiting at your front door? Two-way audio gives you the chance to inquire about why they’re there. You can even use this beneficial feature to scare off people loitering around your porch.
- Prevent false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the viewing area will allow you to minimize false alarms brought about by pets or pedestrians.
- Convenient video access: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home gives you the opportunity to see real-time and archived video directly from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like never before, as you can engage with them right from your phone, no matter where you are. They’ll inform you when a visitor arrives, show you what’s going on, and even let you talk with the person at your door. These components have become game-changers in terms of protection and convenience.